Stepping Out

I'm behind in my bible reading.  That's why i stress out about bible plans, but whatever, I think me being 'behind' was right on time with God.

Decisions Decisions

I always have lots going on.  There is always something I have to decide.  It almost always means that I have to step out in faith and trust God.  A decision is coming up that means I have to step out in faith.  Ohmyword.  Can't I just stay where I am and be comfortable for just a minute?  SHEESH!  And then God says.. well then you'll be like you, not like me.  Is that what you want? UGH :/ No.

And here I am reading about Noah.   There are a lot of lessons in Noah.  The one most residing in my heart? Trust God.

I read about Noah in Gen 8:15-21


15 Then God said to Noah,16 "Come out of the ark, you and your wife and your sons and their wives.17 Bring out every kind of living creature that is with you—the birds, the animals, and all the creatures that move along the ground—so they can multiply on the earth and be fruitful and increase in number on it."
18 So Noah came out, together with his sons and his wife and his sons' wives.19 All the animals and all the creatures that move along the ground and all the birds—everything that moves on land—came out of the ark, one kind after another.
20 Then Noah built an altar to the Lord and, taking some of all the clean animals and clean birds, he sacrificed burnt offerings on it.21 The Lord smelled the pleasing aroma and said in his heart: "Never again will I curse the ground because of humans, even thought every inclination of the human heart is evil from childhood. And never again will I destroy all living creatures, as I have done

God doesn't ask me to do crazy things like build this ginormous boat, stick your family on it, and watch all the people you know, drown in a flood.  Because of Noah's obedience and God's \love...  we have God's promise, and a rainbow as a reminder.

God does ask me to go out and make disciples.  He tells me to love Him above all else, to love my neighbors.  I am not a hell fire and brimestone kind of person, I know that there is a purpose for those Jesus loving peeps, but for me, it's about love.  Which kind of looks different everyday (which makes it harder sometimes for me).  I know that more people will come to love and know Jesus because of how I behave than what I say.  They will see me stumble and fumble, and tremble in the corner and see His grace better than anything else I could do.

Then why is it so hard?  oh I don't know. because I'm an idiot.  Today I was having one of those moments, the kind that satan likes to use against me, so I sent out my life line.  I called my sisters to pray (they might even think the reasons I ask for prayer are a little kookie - but it's what I need - I figured I've asked people to pray for the delivery of car parts - so if I need help I'm asking!!). I reached out called out, cried out to God, He answered.  He doesn't leave me.

I don't always know if I do the 'right' thing.  I try to live by the standard of which Christ has put before me.  I know I will never reach that standard because I'm a sinner, saved by grace.  I do know that I will love Jesus when it's hard, I will obey His commands, I will follow Him, ALL my days.  He is my rock and my redeemer, in no one else will I trust!  He is the rock I stand on.  He is my strength, my love, my joy, and my peace.  And I strive to be more like Him, everyday.

Phil 3:13-14 Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Comments

Deb said…
Continuing to pray for you daily - lifting you up to our Lord - knowing that He knows exactly what you need and when you need it. He is faithful - even if you sometimes think your reasons for asking are kookie!

Love you!! btw...I have never once thought that your reasons were kookie! ;)