Blessing is in the Blessing

Last night I was making 200 cupcakes.  it's really not as hard as you might imagine.  it's like I made them from scratch...  good ol' Aldi's cake.

As I was making them I was praying for the retreat.  About 150 kids who know Jesus, some who have surrendered their lives to Him, and some who have not.  Praying over cupcakes.

The 1st 200 cupcakes
I was thinking about how much God has changed my focus because of Youth Ministry.   I was thinking about how much He has changed my heart.

I would love to have a bakery.  I mean, I would really really love it.  But I don't think that it's in the plans for me. I get excited about it but when it comes right down to it, I never have peace about it.  I think that God has given me a talent to use for Him.  I would love to have the bakery, and maybe someday I will, but not now.  My talent is to be used for Him for things like feeding the hungry, and Youth Ministry.

Loving kids has certainly changed the focus of my time.  My time used to be mine, now I really use my time to make the most of every opportunity.  Maybe that sounds crazy, and yes, I am always busy (though i have learned when to say no!) but what's the point of having anything if you can't use it for God.  It's all His anyway.

I've had my heart almost explode out of my chest and had it broken so many times.  But still it continues to love. I've learned to love the unlovable (what the world says is unlovable), I've learned to forgive.

I always wanted a lot of children (6) but the Lord blessed me with one REALLY great one, but He also gave me 100s to love, and a heart that could hold them all.  He does give us the desires of our hearts.

A lot of people have said to me that the kids are so lucky to have me 'help' them, what they don't know is that I'm the lucky one.

1 Cor 16:14 Do everything in love

Comments

Deb said…
Once again...I am amazed by Jesus in you. :)
Pat said…
Blessings in, blessings out...you are a perfect example of that.