Busy?

My friend Netta wrote a post about 'busy' and now I'm afraid to use the word busy.  LOL.  Her post was RIGHT ON because all those things about busy used to be true about me.  I used to serve for the wrong reasons, because I found my value in serving when others would say 'Good job' instead of serving because Christ asked me to.  I found myself doing things that weren't really mine to do, and being crabby about it.  OH BOY!
But one day, after calming my spirit, and running, God really did a work in me.  I used to be busy because it was about me, now I'm busy because it's about Him!  But I've also learned to rest!

Col 4:5 Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity.

Who are the outsiders?  I think of it as anyone who is not me!  Phyllis, family, friends, believers....  Whoever I come in contact with. 

I actually have been really good about keeping days open so I can spend time in my home.  Resting.  Until this week, and it is BUSY!  (I hate that word now!)  I've had something every day, starting with Sunday all the way through Saturday.  And what could I take out?  Nothing.  I loved on my nephews (they are not my nephews by blood, but I'm their Auntie Margie, so I call them my nephews) on Sunday while their mom was out of town and their dad was loving HS students, I loved on a sweet girl on Monday, Tuesday was a meeting about missions, Wednesday is bible study (WHICH I LOVE!!!), Thursday is dinner with a friend (going to catch up and get some tips on Organic & G-free!) and Friday is my night with friends for love and more bible study, and Saturday - lots of stuff, and not one of these things is something that doesn't move the Kingdom forward, in my own heart or someone elses. 
Will I be happy for next week when less is planned? ABSOLUTELY (!!!!), but for this week, I find myself thankful for the opportunity to be loved, and to love, and to grow in His word, and in His love.  That I am encouraged and an encourager.

Also... I'm loving learning more and more of who God is!
Sunday - AMEN Rev 3:14
Monday - ANCIENT OF DAYS Dan 7:9
Tuesday -ANOINTED ONE Psalm 2:2
Wednesday - APOSTLE Heb 3:1
Thursday - ARM OF THE LORD Is 53:1
Friday -  AUTHOR OF LIFE Acts 3:15
Saturday - AUTHOR OF OUR FAITH Hebrews 12:2

Comments

Deb said…
....I'm wondering how you had time to knock out this blogpost! ;)

Love ya! Have a blessed week as you advance the Kingdom!!
Mrs. Mac said…
Margie .. I can't even imagine how hard it would be for you to sit still ;)