Finding Comfort

I find that there are some days that are just a little harder to get through than others. Yesterday was one of those days.   I found myself 'blah blah blah' in the morning.  Which is not like me, I wake up, I'm usually ready to take on a new day!  but sometimes those days come and they just stink.  I muttled through knowing that I had way more to be thankful for than to worry about my burdens but yet, still.

I picked up my computer yesterday (it was at my dad's getting a tune up) and came home and felt a little better knowing that I could write again.  you wouldn't think that would bother me so much, but it did.  I need to figure out what I am going to do in Haiti and El Salvador!  I decided that I needed to stay home, I had other options but I really felt like home was where I needed to be.  So, I cleaned up the house a little white Ally McBeal was on.  I used to really love love love that show. I watched/listened to 4 episodes. I laughed.  what a goofy show that is, but yes, I like it.

I went to be hoping today I would jump out of bed and be ready to take on the world.  There is a song called 'He still loves me' and one of the lyrics is 'I used to wake up somedays and wish i'd stayed asleep 
cuz i went to bed on top of the world today the worlds on top of me ' and its ok.  

There is something about me, can't break me.  So today when my burdens seem big, I'll change my focus to something Bigger.  I'll praise Him not for the things that He has done for me but because He is Worthy!  He is Holy!  He is a Risen Savior!  And He is the Lord over all my life!

Matthew 11:28-29   28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

Comments

Jada's Gigi said…
its Friday...does that help?? :) love you!