Frustrated

I have found myself in a place that I don't like...  Frustrated.  I've been doing what I should as far as eating, I even took Gluten out of my diet... and what happens?  I've gained 5 pounds with no real reason why.  I even thought 'did you replace wheat for other carbs?' but the answer was no.

What's the solution?  I don't know.  I am going to the health doctor.  One who believes in natural alternatives.  My guess is that my thyroid has hibernated for the winter although I don't necessarily have the normal signs I have when my thyroid is sleeping.  No extreme hairloss, I have energy, I've been sleeping well.  Heck, the last two mornings I  have been up at 4:30, this morning I even exercised to a video for 20 minutes (Kettle Ball).

I am not sure what the deal is... however, I am on a path to continue to eat healthy, watch my intake, eat organic, drinking lots of water, not so sure about the gluten thing but I am going to continue to limit my  carbs.

Tired of my pants being tight, I just want to feel good, I want to feel like I am proud of the choices I am making (which I am but it's frustrating not to see results). Going to start either walking or a video EVERY day, I can fit 20 minutes in everyday.

I'll report back with what I find out today.

Comments

Mrs. Mac said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrs. Mac said…
I know this sounds weird .. but try drinking a few small glasses of rich whole milk a day. It really curbs your appetite. And .. limiting the carbs is good too. Sometimes when we eat 'fat free' we eat more and gain weight. I've dropped 7 lbs just by eating whole fat yogurt and drinking two 4 oz glasses of whole mike a day.
Jada's Gigi said…
it may be too soon to see the results you want however...sometimes eating well instead of empty calories does add a pound or two...I have this issues as well..that and aging...age keeps pounds on too cause our metabolism slows downs. BUT I eat about every 2 hours and i drink A LOT of fluids...calorie free fluids....I'm not too keen on the milk thing although it may work for some....Lactose is hard on your digestive system and humans are the only mammals who try to keep drinking it into adult hood....try Almond milk if you want milk...lower in fat, lower in calories, high in fiber and protein, more filling and easy on the digestion.
Felisol said…
I'm with Mrs. Mac. If you can digest milk, drink whole milk, preferably organic. I'm drink water, lots of water. We have a water filter installed in our kitchen sink ( must be replaced once a year, and is then thick with mud.)I store water one glass bottles and no cork. After a day in the fridge the chlorine is gone and the water is soo tasty. Our body needs protein, fat and carbohydrates in a good mix. I don't believe in low carbo, but in right carbos. No white sugar e.t.c. I'm gaining weight every time I'm eating prefab with white sugar. Or gluten products. There are some chocolate wheat buns sold at our gas station. 4 of them and I've put on a kilo.