Happy Valentinie's Day!


I always thought Valentinie’s Day was dumb. I hated it, I thought it was a waste of money. I actually was totally annoyed by someone who bought me flowers on Valentine’s Day! Can you say “idiot”? (me not him!) Even though I still think it’s a crazy waste of money, I secretly (not a secret anymore!) wish that I was getting flowers today!!
I have made it a point to make Valentine’s Day special for everyone else. Thus making it special for me!
There are yellow cupcakes with either chocolate or cherry frosting with heart sprinkles and chocolate chip cookies with vanilla frosting and sprinkles. I made decorations for my cube. I’m such a dork!
This morning I woke up and looked at the snow… did I mention? I do not like snow… then I walked out the door to start the van and just HUGE love came over me…
Jesus paid it all
All to him I owe
Sin had left a crimson stain
He washed it white as snow
Sin had left a crimson stain
He washed it white as snow
Oh praise the one
who paid my debt and raised
this life up from the dead!!

So when I think of snow like that, how can I not think that snow is a great Valentinie’s Day present!

I gave Phyllis a little necklace that reminded me of her when I first read it!

I know that Valentinie’s Day isn’t a ‘real’ holiday… but I think if you love, everyday can be a holiday!

Happy Valentinie's Day!  May you find His love in everything, today, and always!

1 Cor 16:14 Do everything in love

Comments

Felisol said…
Happy Valentine to you too.
Valentine was actually the name of three different martyrs in the Ancient Christian church.
Greater love can no man have, than laying down his life for his brothers.
Let's not stop celebrating!!
Mrs. Mac said…
You, my dear, are filled with love over flowing .. Happy Valentines Day (every day!)
Netta said…
BEAUTIFUL!