He is!

I was thinking about how much I love Jesus. How much He is my life. I know (I really do know) that people think I'm a little whacky and have gone over the edge with this whole 'Jesus thing' but I don't know how I couldn't.  I mean, really He has changed my life, my heart, my thinking of the world, the way I think about myself.  I was thinking today, about how He is not my idol, He is someone I truly love.

He is holy!  He is worthy!

He is someone I love. He is someone I worship!

I just downloaded a sample of 'A hole in the Gospel' and my friend EJ said something along the lines of I better be ready to do something with it.  And I feel like I am, but I also feel like there is always something that holds me back.  I am totally afraid of being uncomfortable.

Did you know that I have a really hard time with smelly people. I mean, sometimes I gag!  I also like to be clean myself, I like to look presentable (though sometimes I just don't). I like to be comfortable.  I love people, but sometimes I just need to be alone.  And if I don't get my alone time, no one wants to be around me anyway.

I know that Jesus dying on a cross for my sins was enough.  But it blows me away that He would give me the awesome gift of making cupcakes, THEN He would let me use that gift to bring Him glory!  To send my friends and I to El Salvador!  and now to Haiti!  He is a provider.  I wrestled with Him about going to Haiti, and how would the money come...  and today alone I received $70 in donations for my Haiti Trip and that doesn't even include all the cupcake orders I have for tomorrow.

The more I see who God is, and accept His love and grace in my life, the more I want to know Him, the more I want to pursue who He is.  The more I want to accept His love and pour it out on others and show others who He is and what He has done in my life!

He is amazing!  I am so thankful that He has changed me, that He has loved me with an everlasting love!  That He has loved me, and comforted me, and made me, and provided for me, and calmed me as the storms have risen around me!

WOW!  He is worthy!


Psalm 145:3 Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom


Comments

Deb said…
What a blessing to read this! First of all, you are not wacky for being "over the top" about Jesus! ;) Those who haven't figured that out yet...one day will. Pray that they figure it out sooner rather than later!

Keep on baking those cupcakes! :) Wish we lived closer! I'd order some! I don't bake cupcakes. It ain't happenin'! Any cupcakes that are in this house come from StuffMart's bakery!

Thanks for posting Revelation Song! One of my favorites!

....and now I really have a hankering for cupcakes!...ugh. Must go see what I can scrounge from my pantry!