Holy Cupcakes!

My dear Sister Terry, calls me Martha-Mary :)  I think it's great because I am often the one in the kitchen and can sometimes be found grumbling about it...  it's true.

I was thinking about how much Jesus loves me.  There are times when He calls me to be still and just be quiet in Him, but He knows I was not created for sitting.  And unlike Martha/Mary, whichever one is the grumbler...  I can never remember.  I can bring Jesus into the kitchen with me.  I can't wait to be quiet, and even though I know that God is always with me, I am thankful to talk to Him while making cupcakes!

Yes, I made 600 cupcakes!  I think I actually made more than 600 but whatever. I didn't just make those cupcakes, I PRAYED over them!  Yes, unlike normal bakers, I am a pray-er/Baker.  I prayed for the students who are going to eat them, that their lives would be changed this weekend.  That their faith would be strong!  That they would come to know Jesus more than they ever thought possible and to seek Him, hedges and hedges of protection against evil that wants to steal their souls.  I prayed for safety (it's a winter retreat, people could get hurt!) for the drive up there, while they are there and the drive home.  I prayed for the leaders, the Youth Pastor, the band.  I prayed.

I do not serve in the same capacity I used to. It's different for me now, but I am a part of it, even if I am standing in the background, or on my knees, praying!   I am hugging and loving.

How thankful I am for a Savior who created me, who saved me, all for the sake of Love!




We ought always to thank God for you, brothers and sisters, and rightly so, because your faith is growing more and more, and the love all of you have for one another is increasing.” 2 Thessalonians 1:3 NIV

Comments

Netta said…
That amount of cupcakes just blows me away! The fact that you've prayed over each person that is gunna eat one... is even MORE AMAZING!