Holy Spirit Leading


Sometimes I even surprise myself.  Today my heart really had no words to express what is/was going on inside me. 

I went to a bible study on the Holy Spirit.  It was really great!  My friend leads it and she was talking about being baptized in the Holy Spirit and speaking in tongues (and oh I know there could be some crazy conversations/comments about this subject, and the only thing I will say is that if you comment about this – be God honoring!!).  This is not a gift I have accepted/been given as of yet.  Now that is not to say that I will never speak in tongues, it does not mean that I don’t want to, it’s just not something that I am familiar with or have done.  As with all things with Jesus, I am open to receiving any gift He gives me.

I also have never fasted before.  I know, shock and awe this post.  But over the last couple days I really have felt the need to fast.  I don’t know when it was but a week or so ago, I came home, just reeling from the day, and to slow down, I ate potato salad… and not a normal portion of it, and I even said/thought “I know God, I should devour You not this” and that moment has been in my brain since it happened. I have never fasted before because I never felt the need to fast.  Wasn’t for it, wasn’t against it.  But I feel the need to do it now.

And it’s certainly not because I want to go hungry, but it is because I want to hunger after God.  I want to hear Him, I want to seek Him, I want to pursue Him.  He gives me the desires of my heart, and I want to accept them.  Whatever that is. 

How long will my fast last?  I’m not sure, until God says ‘It is finished’.  I’m telling you about this so that if you feel the Holy Spirit telling you to do something, even if it’s hard… be brave.  He has great things for you!

I ask that as I am seeking God that you pray for me.  I don’t like to give the devil too much credit, but I ask that you pray protection over me as I seek His will to be done in my life.

This is a little scary, but not scarier than not listening to His voice and following His way.

Eph 2:10 (NLT) For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.

I love this video.  I cannot watch it without crying.



Comments

Trish said…
You my sweet girl are in my prayers. God, is leading you in new directions. And by being obedient you will reap many blessings. I have witnessed miraculous things after fasting. So, just go where the Holy Spirit leads you...it is always the right path. I love you!
Trish said…
If I sounded offensive in my comment yesterday...I did not mean to. Abortion is a very strong issue for me and I tend to take a strong stance.
Netta said…
Wow... The video is powerful!
Thanks for posting it!