Margie's Money Saver - Shop Around


Stores hate people like me…

Today I went into Randazzo’s in Warren to get some meat. Normally we only eat ground turkey and chicken.  It’s true.  But this month, I decided I wanted to change it up a little, do some different things.  I’m a wild woman I tell you.

I subscribe to Bargains to Bounty, they are always telling me about different stuff on the internet, in local stores.  A few of the stores (like Randazzo’s) are East Side stores.  Since I worked in Warren today I decided to stop on my way home. 

I only took in $45 and what I needed (and was only buying sale stuff).  I really liked the store a lot!  Clean, the meat counter was so nice, the prices were actually reasonable for the stuff that wasn’t on sale.

Stores don’t like people like me because they use loss leaders to draw people into the store on low margin or even below cost items hoping they will spend LOTS more once they see the store.  I could have spent LOTS LOTS LOTS more in Randazzo’s Market, but I chose not to.  I bought what I needed and on sale.

I got the following:

$1.75/lb Boneless Pork Sirloin Roast
$1.95/lb Tomato Basil or Chicken Parmesan Chicken Sausage
$1.99/lb Bone-In Country Ribs (boneless were $4.99/lb.  I’ll cut my own bone off!)
$2.88 Sirloin Tip Roast

I choose not to spend TONS on groceries so I can do fun things and make the most of every opportunity to love.

Comments

Diane said…
I so enjoy reading about others exploits at the market and meal planning. I once enjoyed those things but planning and shopping for one seems so mundane. I love a good bargain and always shop for the very best deal I can find on ANYTHING! My late husband often chided me about my bargain hunting and my ability to dicker with folks. (Is 'dicker' a southern slang term? If so, it's just hard bargaining for all that don't understand the term!) I firmly believe in good stewardship and that includes the price I pay for toothpaste or butt roast!
Jada's Gigi said…
You are such a smart shopper, Margie!