New Adventures


It might be hard for you to understand, but I don’t like adventures.  Sure I get excited about the prospect of new things, but I don’t like change, or I don’t like the way I feel in the middle of change.  It’s especially true when God is doing something  TO ME during that ‘adventure’.  I’ve been doing a lot of trekking lately.  I love the destination, the feeling of knowing God did a work in and through you at the end, but the adventure itself can be rough.  I must put my hair in a pony, put my big girl panties on, take the Lord’s hand, and get on with every new adventure.  It sounds easier than it is.  Usually I look like one of those crazy kids kicking and screaming the whole way. But at the end of it, I love Him more.

Today I went on a walk today, I need to start training for mountain climbing (Haiti), well digging (El Salvador), and marathon running (In Detroit for Rwandan Orphans!).  I was praying outloud.  (I started praying out loud so that I would get accustomed to hearing myself so that I could pray in front of others).  So as I am praying “God I love You, You’ve got me going on some crazy adventures, I love adventures, wait, God, we both know that is NOT true.  I hate adventures… but I’ll go anywhere with You”

That is a dangerous, scary, totally calming prayer… ALL AT THE SAME TIME! 

I ended up walking 45 minutes, worshiping.  Arms in the air…  it was glorious, though I am sure there were people who thought I was nuts… and then it happened.  I just couldn’t help it.  I ran!  One block.  It was hard, and amazing worship! 

I was listening to one of my very favorite songs, You’ll Come by Hillsong

There are so many chains that have kept me from freedom for so long. I have shaken them off, broken free, in the Mighty Name of Jesus.  There are chains that bind me that I don’t even know about but everyday I turn my life over to the Lord is one more step closer to complete freedom.

I met with an awesome friend, I haven’t known him or his wife for very long but praying for people really helps you to love them!  They were talking about their mission work, in Utah.  Wow! I could literally picture the people in chains.  The bridge of You’ll Come just was echoing through my heart as he spoke.  I printed up a map of Utah, wrote a verse on it, and wrote out the chorus as my prayer.  It might seem silly, look silly, but I don’t care, I want God’s truth to break through all the lies, bring them truth and freedom. 

I have no idea what is ahead of me, I’m scared.  But I know that this adventure like every other one I’ve been on with God, will bring me closer to Him, make me fall more and more in love with Him, and bring me freedom.  

Hosea 6:3 Let us acknowledge the LORD; 
   let us press on to acknowledge him. 
As surely as the sun rises, 
   he will appear; 
he will come to us like the winter rains, 
   like the spring rains that water the earth.”

Comments

Jada's Gigi said…
Amen! Wish i could have seen you running today. <3