quiet

At some point this afternoon, after wanting to throw up to get whatever beast of a thing I ate today out, a ton of water, a nap on the way home from Attica (I literally thought I was going to pass out while driving) the quiet of the house echoed like the teenage screams I had heard.  Believe it or not, I welcomed both.

The things I have thought about on my way home and in the silence have been beautiful, this isn't the time to share it all, my heart has a lot to process.

I have been thinking about Whitney Houston, I did kind of sigh when some of the kids didn't know who she was...  I have a lot of memories created while listening to Whitney's songs.  Her remake of 'I will always love you' sometimes was the only thing that would soothe Phyllis when she had colic. 

I think about where she was at one point, her incredible talent, and how if we have pain in our heart that we don't allow God to heal it, it means nothing.

I think about a woman who don't know their TRUE value, and they hook up with some knucklehead who introduces them to dangerous situations. 

I think about the addict who chooses not to be free.

And it makes me so sad.

It makes for sad for those who can't seem to break free.  I think of the hurt that our kids have, and if they don't let it go know, how much harder it will be.

I think about myself who can't seem to let go of some things.  I've been praying for a lot of things.  We all have things we need to deal with...  I would like to deal with mine. 

It makes me sad to think about all the pain.  But even in sorrow, there is joy.  His name is Jesus.  May He continue to heals hearts and lives.

Comments

Deb said…
Nice post. I can't listen to the song just yet. Too sad for me. I loved Whitney. I only hope she knew the saving love of our Savior....