Ramblings


I have been trekking through the bible with some friends, reading (and listening) to the bible in Chronological order since the beginning of the year.  I must report, I am caught up as of today! I was a little behind but I am caught up.

We are in Numbers. I was shocked I made it through Leviticus without throwing up!  There were some really gross moments, I even gagged a few times!

You know people always get caught up that the people of the church count the amount of people who come and I have heard it said ‘all they care about is the numbers’.  I would say they don’t care about the number of people, they care about the people.  How do we measure things?  It’s exciting to see the lives changed by Jesus!  Whether it’s 1 or 1000 each one of those lives matters to Jesus.  He said He would go back for the one and leave the 99.   Why?  Because each one matters!

Reading Numbers I am thinking about the census they took.  Why because people matter!    People don’t want to turn their names into a church because they are afraid of someone following up with them.  Why?  Are they afraid of being loved?  Are they afraid someone might say that ‘please don’t do that, you’re hurting yourself, and others?’.  People don’t like rules.  I know the depths of my sin, and I know that sometimes it seems impossible to fight it.  That’s why I surround myself with people who will hold me accountable, those who will fight with me and sometimes for me. 

On another note, I was praying for something this morning, something I think I wanted , and I think God just popped me on the head and said “now, really, you know you don’t really want that”.  So many times I think I know what I want.  That’s what I get for thinking!!  Every day I must surrender to Jesus, He is not just Lord of some of my life, He is Lord of ALL of my life!

So thankful for His direction!

Numbers 6:24-26  24 “‘“The LORD bless you 
   and keep you;
25 the LORD make his face shine on you
   and be gracious to you;
26 the LORD turn his face toward you
   and give you peace.”’



Comments

Louise said…
I too am reading thru the Bible in chronological order this year. It's tempting to skip over the parts that are repetitive, but as you so aptly said, people are important. Thanks for this reminder Margie. May the Lord bless.
Louise said…
I too am reading thru the Bible in chronological order this year. It's tempting to skip over the parts that are repetitive, but as you so aptly said, people are important. Thanks for this reminder Margie. May the Lord bless.