Remembering love in a pot

If you know me, I am not really all that materialistic.  Sure, I like stuff, just like the average person, but there is usually a meaning behind the reason why I like it.  

I have my gram's old dutch oven.  Do people even know what a dutch oven is these days? and do they call it that?  There is something magical about it.  I think that everything cooked in it, tastes better.  I use it for stuffed cabbage, and today, pot roast with onion on top, carrots (organic), and potatoes.

The heaviness of the pot reminds me of harder times, it reminds me of times when things seem so heavy, but still God is there. He is always there. 

It's beautiful silver color reminds me of His provision.

It's age reminds me of things passed, and how He never ever leaves us, He is with us until the end of the age.

I think about my Gram today and how much she loved us all.  I can still remember brown paper sacks with a banana, a snack size bag of fritos, homemade oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, a granola bar, and a snack size candy bar.  A goodie bag <3.  I think of her tuna fish sandwiches made with tuna (chicken of the sea brand), hard-boiled eggs, and mayo.  always served on toasted bread with pickles on the side.  And let us not forget... Nesquik chocolate milk.  

Thank you Gram for teaching me the importance of small things, of loving family. 

And Thank You Jesus...  for everything.

2 Chron 35:13 They roasted the Passover animals over the fire as prescribed, and boiled the holy offerings in pots, caldrons and pans and served them quickly to all the people.

Comments

Mrs. Mac said…
You are blessed to have such fond and sentimental memories (and a GREAT Dutch oven) of your Grams. xxx