Your Vote Counts



Now, if you know me, I don’t watch the news.  I don’t read the paper.  I just don’t like to hear about all the crap that goes on in the world. I tend to live in a bubble and read about the things I care about.  (Give me a AMEN! for clean water and ending sex-trafficking)

But I vote.  I’m one of those last minute, look at the facts, not going to post a gazillion things on facebook.  I pray about who I vote for and I let God guide me (like everything else in my life).  To be honest, I never base my vote on Pro-life, which is a whole ‘nother subject and you can blog about it all you want!!  Stop taxing me and giving my money to someone on welfare who has a smart phone (and the phone service!)  Seriously!  Stop spending my money needlessly.  And even though it might make people mad, I am going to vote for someone who claims Jesus as their Lord and Savior (past claiming it, I can’t check up on them).

I am not lucky that I vote, I am honored, privileged and thankful that I vote. Many people fought for us so that we could live in a FREE country, but we all know, nothing is free!  There are many men and women who fight for our country, who fight for the right of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.  

I’m thankful. 

I pray for my leaders, sometimes I pray they get a clue, I pray for them to walk in the footsteps of Righteousness, I pray for their salvation, integrity, but not matter the outcome today, I know that my God is righteous, He is a God of justice, and nothing happens without His permission.

Yes, I voted. 

As people do better, they start voting like Republicans - unless they have too much education and vote Democratic, which proves there can be too much of a good thing. ~Karl Rove

Comments

Jada's Gigi said…
Me too, sis....
Trish said…
I Voted...And if they are Christians...they should be Pro-Life. That is a major issue for me. You can take my money but do not slaughter innocent babies...It is murder. I love you Miss Margie.