Ant Hill Faith


Sometimes I feel like someone has snuck up behind me and is trying to keep my hands from going up in worship.  Trying to restrain me.  For me sometimes I just can’t help but to reach up to God in total joy and sometimes I reach up because I can’t hold on to anything else.

Thankfully it is only a feeling, and we know though it is difficult, we can fight a feeling, and we know that feelings can only be fought (and won) with one thing… FAITH.

I find that it is no mistake that in the armor of God (Eph 6:10-20) that faith is a shield because we must often shield us from the things that harm us.  Like in a gunfight, the first thing to do is find shelter.  Even though we have the sword of the Spirit, it is the shield that keeps us safe.  It is even put on BEFORE the helmet of salvation. 

Belt of Truth
Breastplate of Righteousness
Boots of peace
Shield of Faith
Helmet of Salvation
Sword of the Spirit
I wonder… I think (totally my thought here and I’m no scholar but the more I learn God’s word, the more I love It and Him) and my heart is telling me, we cannot be saved without Faith.  Believing/Trusting God without FAITH is impossible.  Turning our lives over to Him without Faith really would be impossible.  Even in Matthew 17:20 Jesus tells them… He replied, “Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.”  They had a little faith?  A bunch of peeps who left everything, and they had little faith?  Whoa.  I think sometimes my faith is smaller than a mustard seed, maybe I could move an ant hill or something.

Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see

Sometimes the shield of Faith is heavy but we know that in order to stay safe, we must never leave without it (like our own personal American Express Card).  How can we fight the things of this world?  And the feelings in our own minds and hearts, I am not sure if WE can. 

But I know who can! Josh 23:3 You yourselves have seen everything the LORD your God has done to all these nations for your sake; it was the LORD your God who fought for you

He fights for us, He died for us!  And He never gives up on us.  Does it make you all silly and crazy inside knowing that if you were the only one… He loved you so much that He would have got up on that cross and sacrificed Himself for YOU?!  Sometimes it’s so hard to believe, but I know He really does love me THAT much. I have faith that He does.

Like most people I think sometimes I get caught up in the planning of life, looking at the checkbook, deciding what I can and can’t afford…  blah blah.  Today, was one of those ‘don’t you trust Me?’ kind of days.  God literally told me to get out of the way today.  I'll take care of this.  HA!  Oh boy.  You (me) of little faith.   

I think about how much of my sin is worry.  Ken Bussell once said to me “there’s a fine line between worry and sin”!  I’ll never forget that as long as I live!  And by the way, how did I ever get so lucky as to have someone like him in my life!  SHEW!  This is written on my heart and when I become (or start to be) overwhelmed... this resinates in me!

Today…  as I have to do every day (minute) I’m giving it all to Him.   My life.  Everything in my life!  It’s all His.  He’s smarter, bigger, more graceful, more loving than me.

Faith.  I know, I believe that He has it all.  And not only does He have it all… He is All.


P.S. I know this is all over the place, my heart is going a million miles… loving Jesus in every step!  

I wonder what crazy things God is going to do in and through me this week!  Woo hoo! Can’t wait.  You might just hear me clankin’ around!

Comments

Jada's Gigi said…
you are too awesome! Who cares if its little faith...as long as its HIS faith we live by....