Counselor


I haven’t stopped learning who God is.  I don’t paste it on my facebook or send texts, I’ve just been studying who He is. 

Yesterday: Counselor Isaiah 9:6

I must say that learning, seeking, pursuing who God is has been amazing and makes me fall more and more in love with Him. I  am thankful that I was lead by the Holy Spirit to do it, one name at a time.

Mark 2:17  17 On hearing this, Jesus said to them, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”

People go to counselors to seek healing.  To talk about their issues, maybe get a fresh perspective, but ultimately to get healing.    I know that I said that I started fasting yesterday.  I really did learn a lot about myself, and about God during this time.  My time was deliberate, my actions were deliberate.  I have gone to Him over and over as a counselor these last couple days.

One thing I did every time I was hungry, I sent a text or an email encouraging someone. I felt like God was encouraging me to do so. I thought they might think I was a little whacky, but I prayed for guidance for the messages to who and what to say.  Everyone was encouraged, but one person asked me if everything was ok.  Maybe I surprised her.  That made me realize that to some I am not as encouraging as I need to be, that it is not as much part of my norm as I thought it was.

I asked God to point out what in my walk with Him in my life is not honoring to Him.  A couple times as I was speaking I am pretty sure the spirit said ‘shhhh’.  When I heard that I couldn’t help but be quiet because I wasn’t sure what I heard.  I would seek Him to receive counsel on how to be more like Him.

There was a lot I heard yesterday, a lot more I can share.  I have heard that we are not supposed to tell people when we are fasting but I think that in the future I may not always write about it, but in this instance, I feel encouraged to share what I am learning, and encourage others that if you’ve never fasted and you feel lead to do so (by the Holy Spirit) that you should. I would also recommend that you read up on what you should and shouldn’t do.  I was lead to do a juice fast I didn’t feel like abstaining from food completely was the right thing to do, so that’s how I was lead and that’s what I did (and I don’t regret it). 

I’ve learned a lot about myself, my actions in the last day or so.  I’ve also only listened to Worship music to keep my heart in tune with Him.  I’ve witnessed quite a few miracles, some BIG and some small, and each one crafted by an Amazing God. 

Is 9:6
or to us a child is born, 
   to us a son is given, 
   and the government will be on his shoulders. 
And he will be called 
   Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, 
   Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace



As I learn who He is, this song grows in meaning. To know Your Name - Hillsong



Comments