Cupcakes & Ramblings!

I am always astounded by the generosity of people and they way they love! Not sure why because I am surrounded by people who love all the time!


This week I have 5-6 dozen cupcake orders! How awesome is that!? Right before my first payment is due for Haiti. I have already collected enough in cupcake sales and donations that exceed my first payment but I’d really like to be half way there by the first payment <3 AND I have people asking if I will make cupcakes this weekend! WHEW! Looks like it will be a cupcake kind of weekend! I like to think of it as cupcakes for muffins! Hee hee! I cannot believe how much money I have raised in cupcakes! It’s almost like those little cupcakes leave trails of love wherever they go!

Did I tell you I’ll be serving the homeless on Saturday with some beautiful friends! Chicken, mashed potatoes, mac&cheese, veggie (I think green beans), and you guessed it… CUPCAKES! Everyone needs a treat!

Yesterday I was cooking up a storm yesterday (Boy, was I thankful for a working kitchen stove/oven yesterday!)! Cupcakes, cinnamon swirl banana bread, two batches of taco rice, homemade salsa, mashed potatoes, and Cole slaw (though I think that this wasn’t that good, I added too many carrots!)! I was praising God for such an amazing gift. I am so blessed to be able to cook for those I love! And just like an awesome God, He gives us a gift that we can share with others, and that blesses us! He is so giving!

I told you that no unnecessary spending… I hate this new rule! I love to buy stuff. Also… speaking of stuff, I super duper want a Barnes & Noble Nook Color. I already have a Nook (which is why I choose the Nook Color over The Kindle Fire), and I love it, but I know I would SUPER love a nook color, but I can’t get it? Why? Because it is a want not a need. A nook or a kindle are not a need, they are wants. Need to turn my wanter OFF! You know what I could do with $200? A lot! And so… I’ll be sitting over here… daydreaming of a Nook Color, thanking God for my Nook. I even told my friend to check up on me to make sure I’m not spending unnecessarily. Accountability. I did however pre-order The Pioneer Woman’s new cookbook so at least I’ll get a little something in the next couple weeks.

Ok, that’s enough ramblings! Gonna love on some muffins tonight with my girl! Can’t wait!

Hoping this week that there are trails of love with each step you take!

1 Sam 6:19 Then he gave a loaf of bread, a cake of dates and a cake of raisins to each person in the whole crowd of Israelites, both men and women. And all the people went to their homes.

Comments