Do something


http://www.etsy.com/listing/62343094/proverbs-31-8-9-necklace
 I’ve been thinking about this Invisible Children movie/video that’s been all over. I think it’s great and all, I think we should stand up and fight against the evil. I’ve been known to say that I’d like to go into every brothel and just beat the crap out of the people abusing those beautiful women and children, and after I was done, I’d like to help them get help from their violent sexual addiction, in the name of Jesus. The fighting part is not in the name of Jesus but the helping part for sure! We should stick up for those who can’t stick up for themselves, whether on a playground, in a work place, or a brothel. 


Proverbs 31:8-9 8 Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. 9 Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy.

The problem is that I believe, I really do, that sticking up for those beauties is that we have to find a way to do it WITHOUT violence.

I think that is why God put Romans 12:21 on my heart today: do not overcome evil with evil, overcome evil with good.

I believe that clean water is not a privilege, I think it should be a right. Everyone, EVERY ONE should have access to clean water, and I believe we can do it. Imagine how much we could improve the lives of others with something as simple as… clean water. I won’t go into statistics, I just want you to just imagine… drinking water with poop and pee in it because you had no other choice. Most of us don’t even like to drink well water.

My issue with that video is that people actually need to do something other than share the video. You (and me) if we truly believe in something need to do SOMETHING. It is not enough to share a video on facebook or Youtube. Sorry, it is not. Let me guess, you can’t go to Uganda, but I would guess that you spend money on something that could be used for such a purpose as helping bring clean water or supporting Invisible Children (or other organizations Love146, notforsalecampaign.org) monetarily.

I have not always been in the position to go on three mission trips in one year. I’ve not always even wanted to. I never thought that my heart would ache to go to Africa, and yet, I love God, and I love His people. But when I couldn’t go, I sent people. My money was needed. So checks were written, meals were made, I prayed , I did whatever I could. I’m not saying this to say ‘look at me’ I’m saying this to tell you that YOU can do something.

As the body of Christ some of us work, and some of us write checks, some of us pray, some of us donate school supplies, some of us run, whatever it is, I urge you…

Do something.

You can make a difference. I promise you, you can.

“How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news, who proclaim peace, who bring good tidings, who proclaim salvation, who say to Zion, ‘Your God Reigns.’” Isaiah 52:7

And I think the video is great!  I love raising awareness!

Comments

Jada's Gigi said…
Awesome!