Faith Dance

Have you ever taken dancing lessons (clases de baile)? I haven’t… obviously if you’ve ever seen me dance!


I had this vision this morning about God’s leading. I’ve seen dancing lessons on TV and they always say “don’t watch your feet”. Lately I’ve been wrestling with God about the silliest of things, and I know (I KNOW!) that is always best to be obedient so I am not sure why I wrestle with Him… So I am making a resolution to not watch MY steps, but to seek His.

Psalm 17:5 My steps have held to your paths; my feet have not stumbled

I think about all the times I just follow His lead and how much more amazing my journey is than when I try to ‘kind of’ follow His lead. So why do I try to go it my way? Oh for the love of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches… I’m not sure! I guess it must be some stupid pride thing that makes me think I can do it. I think of Levi and Judah who say ‘My-self’ translation “I can do it myself” but who do I really think I am? Look at these verses:

Proverbs 16:9 In their hearts humans plan their course, but the LORD establishes their steps.


Proverbs 20:24 A person’s steps are directed by the LORD. How then can anyone understand their own way?


Jer 10:23 LORD, I know that people’s lives are not their own; it is not for them to direct their steps


I think of all the crazy (CRAZY AMAZING) places I’ve ended up ‘by accident’. And how maybe if I was to find my own way, I never would have made it!

I pray this morning that I get out of my own way. I pray for myself (and you) that we just listen and be obedient to the amazing journey that God has called us to. And speaking of steps, please pray for my stupid foot that had the stress fracture, it’s been really hurting the last couple days! I’ve been staying off it as much as possible (no running or DVD).

Comments