Passion



Passion is a gritty kind of love, tough and

optimistic enthusiasm that overcomes negativity and inconvenience to make it

through to the end. (10,000 Reasons Overflow)


Saturday, March 03, 2012

Intentional Dinners


I’ve been doing a lot of praying and listening in the last couple days.  Over and over the same message kept coming through.  Live Intentional.

Sometimes I get so busy time goes by.  Sure things always come up. But I think intentionally doing things, like planning, really help everything a lot more. 

I want my home to be a place of comfort and love, and I’d like it to be clean.  I don’t expect it to be a place where you can eat off the floors, I’m not neurotic, I would, however, like it to be cleaner.

I’d also like to INTENTIONALLY save more money.  I often think that at this point, I should have a lot more money in the bank than I do. 

Tying those two things together…  I already meal plan but today I sat down to plan for March/April menus.  I plan from the 15th to the 14th every month, not for any specific reason except that I decided to get my act back together and it was the middle of February, so I’m just staying with that schedule :)

One thing about meal planning is that it can get redundant, I pick the same things over and over to make, sure we like them, but we can get bored. So today, since I had kind of a lazier day, I INTENTIONALLY picked out some new recipes from magazines to try some new things.  I picked out some new recipes from Rachel Ray’s magazines.  Nothing complicated, just new for us.

Speaking of meal planning, here is our menu for next week:

Sunday: 
Lunch:  Chicken Veggie Soup

Monday:  Dinner out with Phyllis

Tuesday:  Stir fry with chicken, asparagus, broccoli, mushrooms

Wednesday:  leftovers

Thursday:  Tacos with Spanish Rice

Friday: Salad with chicken (life group night)

Saturday: two wedding showers


Col 4:4-6 4 Pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should. 5 Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. 6 Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.

No comments: