Intentional Dinners


I’ve been doing a lot of praying and listening in the last couple days.  Over and over the same message kept coming through.  Live Intentional.

Sometimes I get so busy time goes by.  Sure things always come up. But I think intentionally doing things, like planning, really help everything a lot more. 

I want my home to be a place of comfort and love, and I’d like it to be clean.  I don’t expect it to be a place where you can eat off the floors, I’m not neurotic, I would, however, like it to be cleaner.

I’d also like to INTENTIONALLY save more money.  I often think that at this point, I should have a lot more money in the bank than I do. 

Tying those two things together…  I already meal plan but today I sat down to plan for March/April menus.  I plan from the 15th to the 14th every month, not for any specific reason except that I decided to get my act back together and it was the middle of February, so I’m just staying with that schedule :)

One thing about meal planning is that it can get redundant, I pick the same things over and over to make, sure we like them, but we can get bored. So today, since I had kind of a lazier day, I INTENTIONALLY picked out some new recipes from magazines to try some new things.  I picked out some new recipes from Rachel Ray’s magazines.  Nothing complicated, just new for us.

Speaking of meal planning, here is our menu for next week:

Sunday: 
Lunch:  Chicken Veggie Soup

Monday:  Dinner out with Phyllis

Tuesday:  Stir fry with chicken, asparagus, broccoli, mushrooms

Wednesday:  leftovers

Thursday:  Tacos with Spanish Rice

Friday: Salad with chicken (life group night)

Saturday: two wedding showers


Col 4:4-6 4 Pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should. 5 Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. 6 Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.

Comments