Time in prayer


1 Peter 5:6-11 
6 Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. 7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
 8 Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 9Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings.
 10 And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. 11 To him be the power for ever and ever. Amen


I’m always crazily surprised by the way God leads me (HE LOVES ME!!!).  I was supposed to do Zumba today for a fundraiser for a beautiful woman but the timing didn’t work (I already gave my donation!) so I came home and decided to go for a walk/run.  I haven’t really run in a long time so I was only going to run for a block or two and walk the rest but I ended up walking 2 blocks then running 1 block (I did however do two stretches of running 2 blocks in a row because they were short), it felt so good to run a little but I must admit there were moments when I was calling on His strength to finish a block or two).  My friend Amanda had sent me a verse today, 1 Peter 5:6-11 (how timely – right before my run) so I printed it out and took it with me.  Quite a few years ago I learned how to pray with scripture and it was amazing so often I do that to connect with God, using His word is so crazy awesome!  So the first half of my run I listened and just got my heart in sync with His.  Then I started…

6 Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time.
God, I suck, without you I am nothing, I’m a mess, but somehow you love me anyway.  You pulled me out of the pit I was in, you’ve made me into something beautiful when I dwell in you.  I know that you have some great things in store in my life, and even though I want them now Lord, I trust you that you will bring them to me when it is right, when your timing is right to bring you glory.  God I ask that you just continue to hold me close and help me to grow in you Lord, let my life be all about you and not about me.
 
 7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
Lord, I am a giant scared worried girl, Lord, I have been afraid of so much for so long, God I am a blob and because I always feel like nothing I am always afraid that no one will love me.  I am afraid that they will see the mess I am an turn and run, but Lord, all that mess, you’ve made it clean Lord you’ve made me beautiful God, and Lord, I know you love me, and really, what is there?  God help me to trust you more, to love you more.

 8 Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.
Lord, you’ve got some people some beautiful children doing some big things for you, me included.  Lord, as we are your hands and feet Lord, I ask that you protect us. Bind satan up Lord, help us to stay focused on you and your love Lord, God guide Xmin as they have finals this week, let it not be about just knowledge Lord, but about wisdom, etch your love and your words onto their hearts this week.  Help them to stay focused, let them stay in good health Lord.   For all the teams you have going all over the world Lord, I ask that you help us to stay focused on you Lord.  You have called so many to bring your good news, your hope to others Lord, whether it’s in schools, homes, neighborhoods, work places Lord, protect them.  Give them beautiful feet to bring good news.God, those that are sick, heal them Lord, satan only tries to keep them down, but Lord, you are the ultimate healer Lord, heal their bodies.
Pat’s SIL of heart/kidney issuesPhyllis – healing of arthritisNetta – sicknessDee dee – whatever is wrong, heal herDiane – heal her bodyDeb – her MSRuth – keep that baby growing
Ed – clear his veins, heal his diabetesKassie – heal her heart of bitterness and seeking things that aren’t youKatie’s hip
God protect Chilly and Jeremy as they lead so many Lord, keep them completely Kingdom focused, lead them where they need to be in mind, body, spirit Lord. 
That’s as far as I got on my walk.  I’ll be finishing this evening.  He is soooo good!  

 9Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings.
 10 And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. 11 To him be the power for ever and ever. Amen.

Comments