The Truth, the whole Truth, and nothing but the Truth

Every day for the last two weeks I’ve put on the belt of Truth (eph 6:10) and today it hit me how thankful I am for it.


Earlier today I found out that I will not be going to Atlanta for Easter. I was disappointed and really tried t o just believe that I should not be going that this wasn’t a blessing taken away from me. There is a lot I could do with the money instead going on a mini-vacation. Would I love to go? Sure! I wish people would stop saying ‘you need to take some time for yourself’ LOL because that’s not helping me with my non-foot stomping efforts.

I have even considered going over Memorial Weekend, even considered going to New York. My wanter was turned up FULL blast. I even justified not going by saying I'd buy myself a Nook Tablet (like I even need that!) So here comes the truth… and some of it is ugly.
The truth is that I was sad/hurt about not getting to have Easter dinner at my house on Saturday. I got trumped, and I wanted to have it at my house, and serve and love my family for the greatest holiday ever! He is a risen Savior. But I guess you don’t always get what you want. Oh yeah, the truth is that this holiday really is about HIM not me!

The truth is I’m restless and I feel the need to run, and I know in these times, I need to sit tight, but I was gonna run anyway. The truth is that the bible says “be still and know I am God” so I’m being still.

The truth is sometimes I feel that I have the right to spend my money, on me. The truth is that everything I have (EVERYTHING) is God’s and so that means it is really HIS money, not mine.  And I really don't have any right to it.

I’d like to go on vacation, however, the truth is the rest of the tuition is due for the Spring and the money should be spent on that, not on vacation.

I volunteered to make cupcakes and food for some peeps that I love, and the truth is that I should honor my commitment. The truth is that it was God who gave me the gift of cooking and baking, it was God who told me to serve in that way, and so I will/must be obedient.

The truth is that as much as I’d like to get away, I am blessed with people who love me and I am honored to get to spend Easter honoring the greatest Man ever known. A man who lived a sinless life, died for me (and you), He is a RISEN SAVIOR! The truth is that I will spend Easter weekend, exactly where I belong. Thank You Jesus for Truth!

That's the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth!

Eph 6:10-20 10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.



18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people. 19 Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should.

Comments