Avalon Bakery

That's a lot of bread!
 Do you ever wonder why I don't short sale my house and move to the D?  me too!

I'd like to tell you about a little treasure I've found.  I just started going there, though it's been around for quite some time.  Avalon Bakery.

the granola bar
I love it!!  I especially love their Granola Bar.  It's my fave!!  The have lots of goodies though!  YUM!  Often when I go to the customer I would stop for cookies or bagels and since this is just a little out of my way, I stop here now!

They do a lot of good here!!  At the end of the day they donate bread and various things!  And they must sell a ton, I've been there on a Saturday and there was a line out the door!!!  And I've never been in there when there wasn't 2 or 3 peeps standing in line.

It's on the corner of Cass and Willis.  The parking is crazy, but it's worth a walk or the wait for a spot.  They also have indoor and outdoor seating.

I love their cute signage!  And they sell coffee and various local treats.  They also participate with Door to Door organics.

 If you haven't been there, you should!  If you go on a Saturday, be prepared to wait!


above coffee bar

Coffee Bar
They name their bread various 'Detroit' themes






I love that they care about the environment too!!


Comments

Emily said…
Love Avalon! And thankful that REAL church has been able to witness just how you can reach someone with a loaf of bread! Yay Avalon! YAY Jesus!
Jada's Gigi said…
Looks like a delightful place!