ha ha!


…that’s not funny

I wonder why people make fun of others?  I wonder why people think it’s funny to have a laugh at someone else’s expense…  Everyone loves to people watch but imagine the damage we do if we make fun of others.  Especially those of us who say we love Jesus.

Everyone was made by Him.  We are all God’s masterpieces (Eph 2:10) and when we put someone down or make fun of them, aren’t we slapping God in the face saying ‘boy you really missed it on that one’. 

I’m not saying that I am perfect at this but I had this happen to me recently, and I remember feeling so hurt, thinking “maybe you don’t like me, but what have I ever done to you but love you?”.  It was really hard not to cry. Maybe there was joy in laughing at someone else, but there was pain in the person that they made fun of.  Me. And really, do you think I think I'm cool?  I don't.  I'm a complete nerd, I save for freezers, and have produce delivered to my door, and I'd choose to get drunk in the laughter of small children than a bottle of whatever.  I know I'm a dork, but Jesus made me this way! And I'll always be here for you if you need me.

I think that in everything, there is a lesson.  I really can’t change the way people think about me, but I can always choose to love.  This lesson really helped me to remember that we are all made in God’s image and we should see everyone the way that God sees them. Beautiful and worthy of love. 

I am thankful that everyday God gives me new mercies, that He changes my heart, He points out to me the things in my heart that need changing to be more like Him.  I want to finish every race strong, to love bigger, to bring Him glory, and I’m thankful for love and forgiveness that He is taught me for the journey. 

Romans 12:18  If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone

Comments