Lessons in Bread


Today was such a great day!!!! 

The greatest part came at the end…  a lesson in bread.

I was lucky enough to be asked to pick up the bread at Avalon Bakery.  I say lucky because it means that I had the chance to get a granola bar from there if there were any left.  Let me tell you, a granola bar from there makes me SUPER DUPER (and I mean SUPER DUPER!!!!!!) happy!  And yes, they had them today so…  all smiles!  I trekked 6 or so ginormous bags full of tasty bread to my car (I could have stuck my face in all of them!!! YUM!).  I brought them to Courage Coffee so that they can be delivered, handed out, bless people, and I was walking in with the first bag.  Felix offered to take it, and I (in my typical way) said “that’s ok, I got it (because I did) there are 5 more in the van” and before I could get to the place where the bread went… a certain Pastor (Chilly) told me I had to give up the bag (literally that's what he said, I had to give it up).  He didn’t mean that he thought I was going to steal the bread (though someone did try to swipe it while I was loading it today), he meant that I was a girl and boys carry things… and I have had boys literally taking things out of my hands to carry them at RC. 

I was perfectly capable of carrying the bags, because I had carried them ALL to my car to load, but it was nice to have someone take the bag that I shouldn’t have been carrying in the first place.  I started thinking of all the times I carry things I shouldn’t.  Burdens that I should lay down at the feet of Jesus and let Him carry them. Or let my friends help and carry them. 

As a single mom, I’ve carried a lot of stuff.  A lot of it the consequences of my own sin.  Someone had to carry it, and I’m the mom, so I did.  Do you really think that I like fixing appliances?  Or figuring out what’s wrong with the car?  And plenty of other manly things.  I’ve got to put those air conditioners back in this summer (YUCK!) but I will because it has to be done.  That’s the way it goes.

I’ve been thinking about how in my life I carry too much.  Going to be praying about what I should really be carrying.

Lessons from the Bread of Life.

Matt 11:28-30 28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke 

Comments