Passion



Passion is a gritty kind of love, tough and

optimistic enthusiasm that overcomes negativity and inconvenience to make it

through to the end. (10,000 Reasons Overflow)


Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Lessons in Bread


Today was such a great day!!!! 

The greatest part came at the end…  a lesson in bread.

I was lucky enough to be asked to pick up the bread at Avalon Bakery.  I say lucky because it means that I had the chance to get a granola bar from there if there were any left.  Let me tell you, a granola bar from there makes me SUPER DUPER (and I mean SUPER DUPER!!!!!!) happy!  And yes, they had them today so…  all smiles!  I trekked 6 or so ginormous bags full of tasty bread to my car (I could have stuck my face in all of them!!! YUM!).  I brought them to Courage Coffee so that they can be delivered, handed out, bless people, and I was walking in with the first bag.  Felix offered to take it, and I (in my typical way) said “that’s ok, I got it (because I did) there are 5 more in the van” and before I could get to the place where the bread went… a certain Pastor (Chilly) told me I had to give up the bag (literally that's what he said, I had to give it up).  He didn’t mean that he thought I was going to steal the bread (though someone did try to swipe it while I was loading it today), he meant that I was a girl and boys carry things… and I have had boys literally taking things out of my hands to carry them at RC. 

I was perfectly capable of carrying the bags, because I had carried them ALL to my car to load, but it was nice to have someone take the bag that I shouldn’t have been carrying in the first place.  I started thinking of all the times I carry things I shouldn’t.  Burdens that I should lay down at the feet of Jesus and let Him carry them. Or let my friends help and carry them. 

As a single mom, I’ve carried a lot of stuff.  A lot of it the consequences of my own sin.  Someone had to carry it, and I’m the mom, so I did.  Do you really think that I like fixing appliances?  Or figuring out what’s wrong with the car?  And plenty of other manly things.  I’ve got to put those air conditioners back in this summer (YUCK!) but I will because it has to be done.  That’s the way it goes.

I’ve been thinking about how in my life I carry too much.  Going to be praying about what I should really be carrying.

Lessons from the Bread of Life.

Matt 11:28-30 28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke 

No comments: