Letting Go!


When I signed up for the half marathon my first thought, ok, maybe my tenth thought after “ohmyword, what have I just done” was “I think I want to do a full marathon” which seems insane, especially since it’s a really long way.  

Last year I got a stress fracture, maybe from training, maybe from something else, I don’t know.  It was doing ok, I guess kind of healed, and then lately, it’s been really hurting.  On Good Friday I had it propped up any which way I could.  And yesterday, it was pretty much hurting all day.  Even in the middle of the night I woke up with it hurting…  and this morning, pain.  Ugh :/  MY plan was to do the full marathon this year, to raise money for 4-more.org however, I don’t think that’s God’s plan for me.  At least not this year.  

I do have a lot going on this year.  Haiti, Detroit, El Salvador.  Maybe that’s just not in the picture this year.  I am not sure.  I’m going to be still and wait.  Listen and then go, in whatever direction that is.  I’m letting go of what I want… and doing what God has planned.

This is not always an easy thing, ok, let's face it, it's never easy, because I can kind of be a... control freak... but giving up control to the One who loves us, who really is in control, is refreshing!  It brings me joy!  

Rest assured, I will be resting my foot, AND going to the doctor.  In the mean time, I will be praying for healing on my foot.  Please join me.

Psalm 46:9-10 9 He makes wars cease
   to the ends of the earth.
He breaks the bow and shatters the spear;
   he burns the shields[a] with fire.
10 He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; 
   I will be exalted among the nations,
   I will be exalted in the earth.”

Comments

Mrs. Mac said…
Yes .. praying .. and 'be still' (I know that's hard for you ;)
Jada's Gigi said…
what Cathy said...love you!