Cleaning out the beds!

overgrown!
It has been a crazy winter/spring in Michigan!  My flower beds are nuts!  Admittedly I have abused/neglected them this year!  So today was the day that I decided to make a dent, ever be it very small, into the mess.  I've got to get it together because the biggest mess of the beds is my second vegetable garden.  but in order to clean that out, I have to make room for the flowers (getting rid of the weeds) in the other beds.  OH BOY! this will be quite a mess.



half covered with weed barrier
I decided to start simple.  Cover the empty bed with weed covering.  CHECK!
covered!
ready for flowers!
 Then... I moved on to the front (I don't have a before pic) but I cleaned it out... but good!  Put some weed blocker down there.  I'll move flowers into that place... but not yet.

future home of transplanted tiger lilies
I also have a ton of tiger lilies that I am going to move to the side of the house from the crazy flower bed.  Made room for that... Another day - like Thursday or maybe even later tomorrow after I have dinner.

I filled a garbage can full FULL I tell you of weeds.


lots of weeds

Comments