Greek Dressing

Actual pic of dressing!
Truth be told, I do not like store bought dressing.  I think ranch tastes 'chemically' and the vinegar type are WAY too sweet. I will eat them but I'd rather make my own.  So there you have it, I'm a dressing snob.  But you could have probably already guessed that because I like most things homemade. (No poison High Fructose Corn Syrup in homemade either!)

I found a Greek Dressing recipe in Family Feasts but I didn't have dijon mustard so I forged ahead (I know, I'm a rebel).  Let me warn you, once you make this, you may want to eat Greek Salad for the next two weeks. You have been warned, and if this could happen to you, double the recipe.


1/2 c olive oil
1/4 c water
1 1/2 t sugar (it called for 1T, but I cut that in half)
1 1/2 t garlic powder
1 t oregano
1 t basil
1 t black pepper
1 t salt
1 t onion powder
2 cloves of garlic, minced (that's not a mistake, garlic powder AND fresh garlic)
1/2 c red wine vinegar

Mix all ingredients together.

Enjoy.

You can thank me later!

Comments