I want to be a reflection

I'm supposed to write a psalm.  oui. I'm stumped.  I started so many times, and somehow I sound like a dork.  Maybe later.  Maybe I have stage fright.


I was thinking about something.  There is a book called "She did what she could" or something like that.  I am not sure of the author, and I donated my book to a book drive for people who needed shoes... oh it's a long story.


One of my daughter's favorite sayings has always been 'be the change you want to see in the world' by Ghandi. I'd have to agree it is one of my favorites. On my white board at work I wrote 'Believe you can change the world, now do it'.


I'm no Mother Teresa.  I'm not kind enough, or patient enough... or a lot of other I'm not enoughs, but one thing I can tell you is that I do what I can. If it means I can show up with a meal, I do.  If I've got an hour of time and I can sweep, oh I'm there.  Actions speak louder than words.


My friend saw a need.  People needed shoes.  So being that she doesn't have TONS of shoes in just about every shape and size... but she does have friends, family in Christ, she did what she could.  She wrote an email.  People donated shoes, coats, purses, bras, clothes.  They did what they could.  Imagine what the world would look like if we all did... something... big or small.  


God has given each one of us INCREDIBLE gifts, sometimes I think that as we open our hearts, those gifts are revealed to us, just like... well... a gift!  He wrapped each one of us beautifully, but it is truly what is on the inside that matters.


What is your gift? Do you know?  Once you know what it is, share it! 


let my life always sing the song of love
because He loves me!
Make the most of EVERY opportunity.  As I was writing this, I was thinking, I don't want to just WRITE a psalm, I want to live one. I want my heart to reflect what God has done for me, I want to share it with others, I want to proclaim His love in my actions, not just my words.


There just don't seem to be enough words to describe Him, just like you can't describe the love you feel when someone hugs you, I mean really hugs you, that kind of love is indescribable.  I'm not giving up on writing my psalm, I just have to be quiet, let my heart sing and the words will come, they always do.


Col 4:4-6 Pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should. Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.

Comments