Miercoles?

Miercoles = Wednesday

Today is Wednesday and I haven't posted since Sunday?  oui.  No wonder I'm about to lose my mind, I've got all this stuff ramblin' 'round in my head and I need to get it out.  Sometimes letters just float around in my head until I post, then it just makes more room :)

Work Eat Pray

Let's just say that is the WRONG order.

I don't know how positive a post this will be.  Let's just start and I'll just get out of the way and God can move.

HUGE deadline at work.  I'm totally stressed and add that I've got two FULL days of training, and quite frankly, I don't have time for it.  The deadline doesn't move.  We never get training and so it's super great they decided to give us some, but it could not have come at a worse time.  Deadlines don't move and this was almost impossible. I've been dreaming about it, waking up in a cold sweat, lying awake at night about it, praying  about it.  Remembering that to whom much is given, much is required.  I'm blessed beyond belief, so here comes the much is required part. (Luke 12:48 But the one who does not know and does things deserving punishment will be beaten with few blows. From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.)

I've got a sore throat.  It just started as a little tickle, yesterday came some excess mucus, and now my throat is on fire. Great when you've got training where you actually talk.

I think saw a married guy that I know tap the butt of a married woman that I know.  This ain't football.  I hope it was nothing, but that's never good.  Keep telling myself, PRAY!  PRAY! PRAY! for both their marriages but I must say I was a little shocked!

I got a grill in my garage in about 1000 pieces, I am not kidding.  It haunts me.  I can hear it taunting me "you think you can do this?!  HA!  I don't think so" but I can, and I will, and I will not give myself excess pressure, it WILL get done. I can do all things!  Phil 4:13 and sometimes 'all things' means you call someone to do it.  And if i just can't get it done, I'll call and pay someone :)

My fridge is making some weird noise, sometimes it sounds like it wants to launch.  And service windows of 4 hours just don't hack it.  I had an appt for Friday, I was going to try to work from home, but it will be necessary that I'm at work on Friday... so it will have to be another week.  Or move the appt to after 3 (we get out at 2 on Friday) though I'm sure I'll be laptoping it this weekend.

Detroit Mission Trip is coming up!  I talk a lot about Haiti and El Salvador but Detroit is coming too!  There is a ton of pressure that comes with it! The budget, the planning...  ohmy!  Thankful to some awesome peeps who are helping us gather items and thus reducing the cost!  I've ordered a ton of stuff! I love to see God move, and God moves in our city.  No need to get on a plane, our city needs Detroit.  Yes, I know.  Why don't I just move there? Because I own a home that's under water, and I can't bring myself to short sale it.  I wrote a whole post about it, asked my friend to read it, and asked her if it could be taken offensively, and since she never answered (she's SUPER busy) I don't want to post it.  No short saleing for me. But don't think I don't want to, God says no.

In the moments when I have a moment, I am trying to be quiet and still, to rest. To listen, I do enough talking. In the times when the world is LOUD, I seek God in the quietness, to hear His voice, to pray.

I'm thankful that to whom much is given, much is required.
I'm thankful for the need to pray.
I'm thankful for a God who listens.
I'm thankful that He moves in our lives when it's crazy (even in our own doing)!
I'm thankful for knowledge and wisdom
I'm thankful for muffins who drop my blood pressure!
I'm thankful for cough drops and healthcare
I'm thankful for Hope
I'm thankful for love
I'm thankful for peace that is way beyond our understanding
I'm thankful for people who pray with me and for me.
I'm thankful for salvation
I'm thankful for the God of the universe who goes before me, around me, after me.
I'm thankful for a God who puts one hand on my shoulder and the other over my mouth
I'm thankful for a God who restores marriages
I'm thankful for a God who calls us to be obedient and lived a life as 'do as I say, AND as I do'
I'm thankful for the Word of God
I'm thankful for encouragement
I'm thankful that the God of the universe and everything in it, chose me!
I'm thankful that Jesus loves me!

I'm thankful!

Today is the day The Lord has made, let us REJOICE!!!!

Psalm 118:28-29

You are my God, and I will praise you;
    you are my God, and I will exalt you.
29 Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good;
   his love endures forever.


Comments

Jada's Gigi said…
Rejoicing with you, my sister! Breathe!
Trish said…
You my girl are a blessing to me. I am proud that you know in your heart, that a short sale of your home is not right. We sign on the dotted line for Mortgages...so wanting something different and walking away... is not honoring God. We owe a debt...we pay it! As Cheryl said...BREATHE! I love you!