Mother's Day

If you know me, you know I HAD struggled with Mother's Day so much...  I am so thankful for Jesus who healed such an open wound in my life.  I feel like I bled out almost everyday.  And He didn't just put a bandaid on that wound, it was COMPLETE healing.

Sometimes when we have deep wounds, there are still scars.  But they are still healed, and even in my healing, I still remember have the memory, but He has taken the pain from the memory (thanks for that yesterday Chilly).

Location of Hudson Cafe
Sunday is Mother's Day.  My family is celebrating my stepmom on Sunday but because of church, we aren't able to go with them.  Which leaves me to figure out what the heck I want to do on Mother's Day.  Considering my favorite resturaunts are closed on Sundays... I haven't a clue.  We've got our reservations for The Hudson Cafe for 'lunch'.
I think we are just going to get some lunch, and go to the cheap movie theater and see 'Good Deeds' with Tyler Perry (he's in the movie, not going with us).   We will probably just have an easy dinner.  Since I haven't done my meal planning that far in advance... there is no telling. We might just have guac and chips :)  and that will be just fine too!

It kind of seems weird not to be dreading Mother's Day, but I guess that's what happens when God heals your heart, He fills it with Joy instead of pain!  But I've been praying for so many that have recently lost their mommas.  It's tough... I truly believe that no one loves you like your momma.

You can read my essay about my journey in healing when I walked in the Breast Cancer walk.


Comments