The Psalm of my heart

Challenged to write a psalm, I immediately started to over think it.  Should it be about my whole life?  Just this moment?  Ugh.  Should it rhyme or have some sort of rhythmic pattern.  That seems like so much pressure.  I wrote one... sounded like I was trying to hard which made me sound dorky... I know I am dorky.  I decided, KISS - Keep It Simple, STUPID!

I love Jesus, but I don't always know how to put how I feel into words.  I know that people think I'm nuts, but I rejoice because He really does have it all under control. I look back so many times on what He has done, what He had planned, and I wonder, why does He love me?  He's great... and I'm well...  eh.  I love because He loved me first.  I'm nothing without Him.  So... here I go...

You are my everything.

You are the things I need, even when I don’t need them.
The more I learn about you, the more I love You.
You are loving and generous. You are beautiful.
Your love warms me like the sun.
You are my strong protector, You are my friend, You are the love I always need.
I am amazed that You could ever love someone like me.
Grace. Amazing Grace.
Because of who You are, I am beautiful.
I know I am undeserving of Your pursuit. But I’m thankful for it.
Your pursuit changed my heart to pursue You, to be more like You every day.
I don’t know why You love me, but I am glad You do.
I will love You for always.

Comments

Jada's Gigi said…
This is a perfect Psalm for you!
Beautiful! =)