a walk

A lot of times when I'd go for a walk or a run, I'd do a lot of praying and a lot of wrestling (with God). Today I decided to go for a walk (I did the eliptical this morning) and I didn't take music, I just walked. I honestly didn't even pray much. I just listened. I was warmed by the sun and cooled by the breeze.  I noticed how white some of the flowers were and how green the grass was.  I noticed all the vibrant pinks and purples.

I wondered.  I wondered about the future and the steps I'll be taking. I thought about cupcakes and muffins.  I wondered about the future but didn't put too much thought into it because I know He has it all.

I thanked Him for so much.  Thought about who I was, who I am in Him, and thanked Him for just a glimpse of all I can be.

I did wonder if I could possibly train and walk the marathon.  Well... my foot was hurting pretty bad after a half hour... but there is always next year :)

It was nice to keep up a quick pace in walking but slow down the world for just a moment.

Romans 15:33 And now may God, who gives us his peace, be with you all. Amen.

Comments

Jada's Gigi said…
yes! I love doing that...although I don't get to often..always something needing doing, thinking on or praying on...but taking time to let your mind wander is a good thing....and rare!