Waste not Want not

There are few crazy things I've been collecting for my trips...  plastic bags!

Since it will be the rainy season in Haiti, I've been collecting Ziploc bags (2 gallon size) from a move to store each outfit for Haiti.  Yes, it's true, to make it easy on myself while I am there, I will take 7 bags, each with a days worth of clothing...  capris, shirt, underwears, socks, etc in each bag. That way when headed to the shower, it will be easy to grab also, my clothes will stay dry since it's the rainy season.

I've also got 2 or 3 garbage like bags for my dirty clothes that have been collected from my Door to Door deliveries.  That way I don't have to use the ones I use for garbage (am I the only one who really hates buying garbage bags?)

Saving a little here and a little there means I can buy other things for my trip :)

I think sometimes we forget that everything is not BIG.  The one is just as important as the 99 just like if you're trying to save for a mission trip and asking people for money, you shouldn't be spending your own money on expensive drinks...  I'm learning that lesson in my own life!  Thankfully even when we are not always faithful, GOD IS FAITHFUL!!!

Luke 16:10  “If you are faithful in little things, you will be faithful in large ones. But if you are dishonest in little things, you won’t be honest with greater responsibilities.

Comments