You are the Light

Phyllis called today... "my brake lights are out."
Me:  Both of them
Phyllis: that's what some guy said
Me: are your turn signals working correctly?
Phyllis:  yes

hhmmmmm....  maybe you don't know this... but car manufacturer's design cars so that if one of your brake lights goes out... your turn signal acts screwy. It's true. Trust me. I'm a professional.  I sell wire harnesses for a living (true story).

so I checked them.  Yeap.  they are both out.

When trying to figure out a problem (aka root cause analysis).  Rule #1 - choose the cheapest fix first.

Two light bulbs:  $5.99  (maybe I could have gotten them cheaper but it was 8:45 after clothes shopping and I didn't feel like messing around or sending my daughter out with no tail lights if I could help it.)

Put the first one in.  "phyllis go step on the brake"

Light goes on.

Send praises up. Thank You Jesus.

The chances of BOTH your tail lights going out at the same time are pretty slim.  My mind was kind of reeling about how much it would cost to fix this (remember I sell wire harnesses). But I prayed.  It's true.  It might be dumb, but I did.

I taught my daughter how to change her tail lights and also discovered that the serviceability on the right rear tail light stinks!  the take out (the part that is separate from the main part of the harness) is about 10-20mm too short!  (about the thickness of 10-20 dimes)

Thankful it was a cheap fix.  Thankful I have brains in my head to do it myself!

Thank You Jesus.  Again.  Always.  You are the Light.

Comments

Netta said…
Impressive!
Felisol said…
I love your way of tackling problems, counting the Lord in and using the brain he gave you as well.My husband, who is a real handyman used to laugh when I prayed whenever he was up to troubles with our car. I prayed, send a repair angel to help, when we were stuck in the middle of nowhere a dark winter night.
So I asked hubby to go out and try once more, and everything worked.

Now we both are praying like you, as the work is going on. We don't wait until we're totally stopped up.

What a wonderful thing to walk and talk with him!
Jada's Gigi said…
I do this too Margie...I pray and I do the work myself..as much as I can....:)