You gotta let go sometimes!

Yesterday I had some people over for a BBQ only to find out that something was wrong with mine!  I thought I was out of propane but nope... because I went and got both my tanks filled up! so...  I decided that I'd just bake the chicken with BBQ sauce. THEN I decided I'd go buy a new grill.

it seems there were more than this!
I run up to ACO, they had one for $129, I normally am a great shop-arounder (I literally figure out the price per sq in of cooking surface) but in the few ads I looked in, it seemed to be the cheapest, and quite frankly, I don't need anything fancy, I just need something for us.  I love grilling in the summer, it's quick and easy and the house doesn't get hot.  We don't have central air right now so any help keeping the house cool is needed!

So, it was 3pm, and people were coming at 4:30, before looking into the box, I thought "I can do this".  And then I opened the box.  MILLIONS OF PIECES.  But I forged ahead.  After a half hour and only the two legs together, I gave up.  I decided to go back to plan B and BBQ in the oven.  Sometimes you just have to say "I give up" instead of stressing yourself out!

I will get the grill done at some point this week.  Not sure when.  But it will get done.  Even the best laid plans just don't work out the way we want them to. I would have been a giant stress ball trying to get that all done, and then I would have been crabby when people came over.  Instead, I just enjoyed the company!

Making the chicken in the oven was fine, it still tasted good. Maybe not as good as on the BBQ but it was good enough (nobody complained!).

So today, I will work more in the garden, get all my yard waste to the curb (4 bags + the galvanized can) + whatever i clean up today!  And if time, the grill will get done, or it won't, but there is always tomorrow!

Psalm 118:24 (NLT) This is the day the Lord has made.
    We will rejoice and be glad in it.

Comments