Child of God

I was at the Third Day concert tonight with friends and as I was worshipping, I thought "I wish I would have loved Jesus sooner, I missed SO much precious time with Him".  I know that God had pursued me for so long, I know that I had run far away, I thought for so long that He'd never want me.

And then one day it changed.  My heart broke for what I was missing.  I needed Him, I wanted Him, and I wanted Him to take all the mess of my life because I just couldn't carry it any longer.  From that day, my heart chased after Him as fast as it could. I know that the story of my life was no shock to God, He knew the timing, and He uses the mess of my past to bring me understanding of others.

My walk with Jesus has not been perfect, because, well, as surprising as it may seem to you... I'm not perfect.

But He is perfect.  He is Holy, and Worthy.  He is so much! He is love.

I know that a lot of people might think that I waste my time, that I go to church to much, why would I want to help the people in Detroit, what difference will I make anywhere.  Well, me, they are right, on my own, I won't do much, but Jesus, now there's some power in that name.

I wish people would see it, a life in Him, wow, it's so good.

There were so many songs from tonight that I could tell you touched my heart.  There is one song, I think that is crazy good, that just helps me to remember to Rejoice.  I am overwhelmed with joy when I think about how my Abba Father loves me!

1 John 3:See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him. 

We are called the children of God, because THAT'S WHAT WE ARE!!

I'm so thankful for nights like tonight, for days like today, when my heart comes before Him, broken, and tired, and He reminds me that I'm not a failure, and all the other horrible things that people have told me I was or made me feel, but on the contrary, I am loved, I was created for such a time as this!  I am a child of God.

I don't know if you are reading this and you know Jesus as your Lord and Savior, but I'd really ask you to really surrender your heart to Him. You're life won't always be perfect, but He is a perfect God, and He loves you! There is no other way to live than in Him.



Comments

Deb said…
Children of God is one of my favorite songs. You could not have described your feelings any better... I so can relate - there is so much time that I wasted in the years that I walked away from Him. If people would just get that - that God has SO MUCH MORE for them!!! ...great post Margie!