Choose to Love

When we originally talked about going to Haiti, everyone would be basically doing the same things.  We would love muffins (children) in the orphanages and take water filtration systems to those in country that needed it with an organization called 'Poured Out'.

Haiti orphans
A month or so into preparation we had to choose which of those two things we wanted to do, and I wasn't sure.  I've told people all along that I chose the orphanage because of my foot. The real reason is because I felt like that was where God would grow me the most. I'm never afraid of physical labor and I knew that it wouldn't be easy, but most of the time, to protect my heart, I will choose to do a task instead of choosing something that is 'relational'.  Which is kind of funny because I really do love people!

So I chose the orphanage. I chose to love in the way that God called me to love on this trip!  I'm excited and a little nervous.  I'm not scared because I have complete peace about the whole situation!  It's a good thing I chose not to wear make-up or those little muffins will be covered in lipstick marks!  I plan on lots of hugs, kisses, giggles, coloring, loving!

John 14:18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.


P.S.  Did you know that a single mom can adopt from Haiti?  I think maybe I shouldn't have learned this tidbit of information ;)


Comments

Becky said…
so how many you coming back with? and is all the paper work in place yet?
Trish said…
Oh, those babies are going to be so loved...thank you Miss Margie!