The Correct Focus

I often feel like a huge failure. 

I feel like so many times I let people down.

I get things like "you never call" or "I haven't heard from you" or that I'm too busy to do something with someone.  They are right, I am busy, and I forget to call, and surely I don't send out as many cards as I'd like.

But I think that the phone works both ways and if you pick a date, I'll write it on my calender and we can get together.

I often don't get as many things as I'd like to get done.  Last night I rolled in late.  Had a few things to do and laid in bed and thought about all the ways that I may have let someone down.  eh :/

I woke up late and literally jumped out of bed and said "OHMYWORD! I need to frost the cupcakes!" So I showered and did just that.  But you know what I didn't do?  Write in my journal and read my bible, I also didn't exercise! Say it with me - FAIL!  I did, get my bible reading in later. 

I've been thinking a lot about the things that I can't do or don't do... Plenty of things that I fail at.

This morning I woke up and read my bible, and wrote in my journal.  Reading about Solomon's temple, and it reminded me of a book I read once "200 Pomegrantes and an audience of One".  I really loved the book.  It reminds me of how important it is to work for Lord, and no one else. I think it says a lot about our character of who we are and what we do when no one is looking or notices.  Huram crafts 200 pomegrantes in the temple, where no one could see, 34 feet off the ground!  It reminded me who I live for!

So, I may not have done the dishes, or swiffered the floor yesterday, but I hugged and kissed some my favorite muffins, we went to the park, we laughed!  I prayed for those I love, I spent time with Jesus, I did get somethings done, I worked hard.  

I need to focus on who my audience really is!

Comments

Pat said…
Wonderful post, and a reminder we all need from time to time...focus!!!
Jada's Gigi said…
Oh Yes! Big amen!! Focusing on Who our audience really is! Excellent advice...