Future Plans

My new journal has this verse on the cover Jer 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

This is a verse that is VERY popular this time of year especially with graduates.

But WAIT! There is more!
Jer 29:12-14 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you,” declares the LORD, “and will bring you back from captivity.[a] I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you,” declares the LORD, “and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile.”

 As someone who not only ran from God when I was younger, I think I may have scoffed in His face. He sent love, I sent an attitude of “no one is the boss of me” because I just didn’t believe that people don’t leave. I’ve seen it my whole life, people that you love, leave. It all started with my mom, and it wasn’t even her choice! And until I decided to bring honor in my own heart to Jesus for calling her mom, I couldn’t be healed from that pain.

And one day, it happened, I couldn’t hold the burdens I carried any longer, and I let them go. I wanted to love Jesus, I wanted to believe that He would love me too. AND HE DOES!

 I know that God has some crazy things in my future. The things ahead of me are scary, just the mission trips!  Who knows though, but God has a plan, but in order to find out that plan, I’ve got to seek Him.
But in order to find out what those plans are, I’ve got to chase after Him, really seek Him. He’s released me from so much, but there’s more of me (self) to die to be more like Him! When silver and gold are refined they are put into the fire. WHAT? Hot? That’s painful, we tell our children to stay away from the hot! But we know that sometimes we need to be refined.

The lesson lately is “MEEK”. I stomped my foot the other day “I don’t want to learn meek – I HATE MEEK!” really, I did. And I stomped my foot saying “I want to run”… one day I WILL run again, when the time is right. And the time is now to learn MEEK! And I say it, LOUD AND PROUD – I LOVE MEEK! Lord, help me to be MEEK! Help me to be more like You and less like me. It’s not something I ever thought I’d need to learn or be, but here I go!

Here I am – send me! (Is 6:8) and whatever it is You need me to do to prepare for the journey, let Your will be done in my life! (even if it means the heat from refining).



Nothing can stop me

I am not gonna change my mind

No one can keep me from the road that I'm on this time
No matter what, I'm going to do what it takes to make it

I didn't know what I was missing 'til I met you
I never even thought to listen

No, I never knew
And now you've given me a second chance and I'll take it

So here I am, Lord, I want to be where You are
I need You now, won't You show me the way

Everywhere You go, I wanna go
Will You take me with You
Everywhere you lead, I wanna be by your side
Everyone you love, I wanna love
Just like you love me
Everywhere you go, I wanna go there with you

It doesn't matter how long this is gonna take me
I'm gonna keep on moving even if it breaks me
I'll never turn around
I have found where I am going



Comments

Jada's Gigi said…
yep....fire is hot...and being refined is not fun....too bad so many believers settle for easy when the fire starts to heat up and they run away....refined to be more like Jesus is the best life we can live on this earth.