here I go!

I was just driving to get gas FOR MY FIRST DAY! and I thought, "I think I'm supposed to be scared".  Haha!  I have worried about a lot of things for a long time.  And I think one day, when I turned it ALL over to the Lord, I realized, I really can trust Him.

In the next two weeks, I start a new job, I leave for an overseas mission trip, and I'm even coming to grips that I'm gonna smell.  And in the middle of it all, Jesus.

I know that things won't be easy, I know they won't but I know that there is no place on earth that God can't reach me (Is 59:1).  I know that I will mess things up, but He's a perfect God, and He will take care of it all, there may be consequences but that's the way it goes sometimes, but His grace has captured me.

I feel at peace with everything.  I know that I am supposed to go to this new place, I know that I'm supposed to go to Haiti.  And because I am walking where He has guided me, that is the reason for true peace.  Even though it feels a little funny, it doesn't feel funny at all, it just feels different.

There are a lot of things in my life that are maybe not exactly the way I would have planned them out to be, but I figure, it's the will of God.   I was talking to Phyllis today about how I'd like to be married, but right now is not the right time.  I don't know if or when there will be a time that will happen, I hope so, but I know that everyday that I grow closer to God, it takes me one step closer to being the wife that God intends for me to be. He's preparing my heart, and it was a cold and scary place before.  But now, He's making it new!

I had dinner with my dad and mom today for Father's Day, and I just really enjoyed it.  Nothing overwhelmingly fantasmic about it, just enjoying family.  Enjoying life, God has given me some wonderful gifts in my life, family, friends, SALVATION! and I'm so thankful.

I feel no reason to be scared.  He's done amazing things in my life, He's pursued me, even when I didn't love or even want to love Him. He's working it all out for His glory, and my good.  He's done great things, and will continue to do great things!

Wherever you want me to go, Lord, light the steps before me, I loveYou, even if it's a place I've never been before, Here I am!  I'm following You!

Romans 8:28  And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who[a] have been called according to his purpose.

Comments

Becky said…
oh girl!! new job. mission trips. new direction. how exciting and have the stamp of peace on it! oh yeahyy!!

oh and the romans 8:28... that's my safe place!! that's were i draw my strength.