What stinks?

What do love about what you love?


Do you see God in what you love?

Would you do anything for what you love?

I got off work and headed towards the city like I normally do on Wednesdays. I have 2-3 hours to do whatever I’d like. And sometimes I just don’t even know what to do, other than eat. Yesterday happened to be a day when I was completely exhausted and walking across the parking lot in The Market almost seemed impossible, but I tredged on.

I love the city. I love the way the sun shines on it. I even love that there are places that are so dark that a Halogen light may be needed to see it’s beauty, even if it was in the past.

I see God in every corner of the city, and sometimes I see that He was chased out. I see where we have said “no thanks, we can do it on our own” and the mess that we have left behind, forgetting to thank Him for our talents.

When I think about that last question, I think the answer may be “maybe”. And that makes me kind of sick to my stomach. Do you know I have this weird aversion to smells? I really don’t like smelly people. Well it’s not like I don’t like the people, but I HATE the smell, and I wonder why they don’t shower. It’s also the biggest thing I am worried about being in Haiti, smelling. I was talking to someone the other day about the attitude of others and how sometimes we don’t always have the best representation of Christ, and we don’t even see it. I think that I am not always the best representation of Christ that I can be. I yelled at a beggar the other day on the weekend of the Grand Prix saying that “he was ruining the reputation of the city”. Way to go, Margie, way to be Christ like. When really I should be carrying snacks (and juice boxes and/or water) in the my car for those who really may need something to eat. **Note I will be rectifying this**

I love what I love but sometimes only if it fits in the box of what I’d like to love. That stinks. Me=stinky, I hate that. I pray that God continues to work on my heart to help me to love like Him and I pray that I open my heart to find the sweet smell of Christ in everything I do.

Isaiah 3:24 Instead of fragrance there will be a stench; instead of a sash, a rope; instead of well-dressed hair, baldness; instead of fine clothing, sackcloth; instead of beauty, branding

Comments