You'll always matter to me

In Youth Ministry, you’ve got a little extra God in you. You might not think so but somehow He gives us extra grace giving abilities because let’s face it, teenagers are sometimes difficult, they are just like adults, they just have no filter and haven’t quite learned to hide their sin as well, so unfortunately we see a lot more than we’d like. But on the other hand, for the most part, they don’t have as many walls, so they hug harder and love bigger.


I was reading a tweet by Kirk Franklin about someone who was 23 and in his youth ministry who was shot. I almost started to well up. Thinking about myself, I always love “my kids” they may have left the youth ministry, graduated, or are still there, but I always love them. My heart feels the size of the universe when I look at them, all of them, even the difficult ones.

So if you are one of “my kids” currently, or have ever been one of my kids. You matter to me. I loveyou, I thought you should know.

Comments

Deb said…
:) Margie...you have a huge heart and I am blessed to know you...you inspire me! :)