Coming Your Way... in Your time!

Today on the plane ride from Detroit to Dallas I ended up sitting next to this super great guy (don’t get any ideas, he was married – and happily at that). It was weird because he knew a few people in my ‘circle’. We talked about quite a few things, church, etc, one thing we talked about… Haiti.


It must have been apparent to him that I have a great love for Haiti, and in many ways feel called to go there, but I know that, now, my place is here. God is using me in Detroit, He is using me in Haiti. I’m reading a book called ‘Sun Stand Still’ – soooo good.

If I had nothing to fear, no failure, what would I do?

Well, I’d go to Haiti. What would I do? Love orphans.

He asked me, what would it take for you to go to Haiti? He meant money wise.

I’ve never even found out. I’ve talked to God and He has said “not now” even though I’ve said to Him “Lord, You know I hate to ask anyone for money, but if You let me go… I’ll ask”.

NOT. NOW.

Ugh! Greater things are happening. He is doing great things in and through me. Here.

NOT. NOW.

He didn’t say “never” or “no”. Just not now.

I know that going to Haiti for some people would be so “noble”. That’s silly.

Going to Haiti should never be about me. It should only be about Him.

If I went without His permission, He would still use me, but I know that is not His plan, and He is a light before my feet, and I will follow Him.

I am working with the Gradec Orphanage in a couple different capacities, one being “sponsorship coordinator”, I am not sure of my official title, but that’s what I do.

If you know me, you know that if I believe in something, I’d go to the end of the earth for it. Just like I do “my kids” in church. I feel the same about the Gradec Orphanage. I’d do anything for those children, and their care givers. For only one reason. Love.

So… with all that being said. What would it take for me to go to Haiti, full time.

Yes. Now.

Until then, here I am, send me! Send me to Detroit, send me to airplanes, to Haiti, just light the path Jesus, I’m coming Your way!



And if you’re interested in sponsoring a child for $25/month please email me or contact me and I will help you be blessed by the most adorable muffins!

Comments