Friday Ramblings about Love

Every single day I miss my muffins. Sometimes it feels like every single heart beat cracks my heart because I am not there. But as much as my heart breaks that I am not there, I know that this is where God wants me to be. I know that He will use me, and I am open to that, wherever I am.


It’s funny because there are always things to look forward to without wishing your time away.

Joy to the D will be here before we know it (yes, I know it’s July, but wasn’t it just December?) so Target has been having a HUGE clearance, and I’ve been picking up toys for that. It’s a huge outreach and kids hear about Jesus, and so do their parents, but more importantly, they don’t just HEAR about Jesus, they are loved by people, they actually get to SEE & FEEL His love, in every smile, hug, and converstation. I’ve been picking things up as I find them  I’m a planner.

This weekend I will be sending a package to Haiti, something I could not do if I was there. I found flat sheets for $3.99 each yesterday at IKEA, you would have thought I found a pot of gold (which maybe I did because I could only find them online for $10 each – I saved about $60!!) There’s lots of good stuff in the package but I really only send necessities because sending a bunch of toys is kind of silly (it’s not like they have a ton of space to store them all) and they have true needs.

There are people all around me who need me to be here, in the physical sense and the emotional sense. I know that, I really do, but know that if I could (God said “go”) I’d be there in two shakes of a hind feather.

Today I was driving and praying, and the sky was sooo beautiful. I was thinking about how we see the same moon, the same sun, the same sky as Haiti. I was just thinking about how good God is. About how He is ALL. KNOWING, LOVING, He is so good. I find great peace knowing that I am under the same sky as my lovely muffins in Haiti. That soon, because December will be here soon, I will be there again. Loving them, saying “I love YOU, I love YOU, and YOU, and I love YOU” that I will be snuggling up to my snuggle muffins, smooching them, jumping rope, making crafts, blowing bubbles.

This verse has been on my heart since yesterday (and I am super thankful for His Word!):

Deut 7:6 For you are a people holy to the LORD your God. The LORD your God has chosen you out of all the peoples on the face of the earth to be his people, his treasured possession.

Comments