Haiti June 25, 2012


Another post from the Alive Missions blog http://alivemissions.tumblr.com/post/25854284870/new-blog-from-the-heart-of-margie
I don’t think anything I could have prepared for Haiti would have made me completely prepared.


It’s Hot! I mean, like frying pan hot! I don’t think I’ve had a moment that I haven’t been sweating since I’ve been here, but thankfully sweat removes impurities from your body, so the way I look at it, Jesus has made my life clean in more ways than one :)
The children are beautiful. I’ve heard people say that Haiti is hopeless, well, I’m here to tell you that there is Hope, because Jesus is here. One look at these incredibly beautiful children, and you will see hope and love and joy. Their skin is the most beautiful shade of brown, their eyes are brilliant onyx, and their hearts are overflowing. We were welcomed with tons of hugs, and my heart began to explode. I hope they don’t check my suitcase, because there may be 10 or 19 in my suitcase when I get home!
God continues to answer our prayers. One specific thing I prayed was that there would be no language barrier. (that is probably the hardest part about being here). In the morning I woke up to find Mrs. Wilson, who has probably the best smile (except for Phyllis’ of course) I’ve ever seen in my life, cooking us breakfast. She invited me to come cook with her. Now, maybe you think “oh big deal” well, I know that God has stitched our hearts together in the love of these children and in our ability, our perfect gift) of cooking. He completely answered my prayers. We cut up food for breakfast together only exchanging smiles.
We even went to church service here, and we had a translator but he only translated some things, and somehow I really did understand what he said! CRAZY!
Another thing that is amazing is that half the time, ok, more than half the time, I have no idea what these children are saying to me, and vice versa, but playing ball, hugs, snuggling, and lots of smooches doesn’t need a language. I also find it funny (now) that I thought that none of the children would like me! HA! That was a lie I think straight from satan himself because seriously, they are so full of love, I find them snuggling with me, good thing I’m a good snuggler (and I don’t even mind snuggling when I’m sweaty! (that’s Jesus!)
I’d be lying if I told you that this wasn’t hard. Because it is! But my heart is here, and Jesus is here, and its amazing!
Please pray that while we are here, that we sleep well, keep hydrated, and we wouldn’t mind if you prayed the temperature would drop 5 or 10 degrees :)
We love you all so much, and God is doing some amazing things here!
Romans 8:28 God works for those who love him and are called according to his purpose
And Phyllis… I love you to the moon and back… plus one!   

Comments