Haiti Romans 8:28

I have never felt more beautiful as I was in Haiti.  I was a complete sweaty dirt-bally mess, no make up, most of the time my clothes felt too big, and yet somehow loving all those children, I felt completely beautiful.
So many times we look at magazines or others to find our beauty, but while I was in Haiti, I was too focused on God to think about anything else, though when people would tell me I was beautiful or cute, I thought they needed their head examined.
 I finally feel ‘like myself’ again.   I can talk without breaking into random tears, though ‘myself’ doesn’t seem like ‘me’ anymore. 
I hope that I will continue to remember that the beggar on the side of the road means just as much to God as the children in Haiti.  And that those around me, who do not love Jesus, are also just as important.  Because they are.
There are a lot of great stories from Haiti.  The biggest one being what God did in my heart.

  I’d like to share the devotion I did on the trip.  We were given a scripture to write about, however, I didn’t choose on the ones on the sheet, I chose Romans 8:28 because quite frankly, on this trip God revealed so much to me about how He worked it out for my good, and His glory.

I did add a little to the devotion because of what God did in my life while I was in Haiti, but 98% of it is the devotion is the one I shared with our group. Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.

What brought you here?

Not just in the physical sense but to where your heart is now?

I always laugh when people think I’m a goodie-two-shoes.  I can’t believe sometimes the things that God has delivered me from even as early as Friday. I never thought I’d be one of those “Jesus peeps” because I thought I would never be good enough, and it’s true, I never will be, but because of what He has done, I can be!

About three years ago I was dating someone.  He was a great guy, I thought “wow this is it”.  He inspired me to be the woman I believe God wanted me to be.  Because of him, I was encouraged to give God the first of my day, read my bible, pray, sit in stillness (well, as still as I get). 

And then it happened, God said “I want you to love only Me”. 
WHAT????
That couldn’t have been right.  Why did He bring me someone who drew me closer to God, helped me to be still just to say to me “just kidding”.  Ugh!

 I didn’t even know what to say to Mike, so I took the easy way out and said “I just don’t have time to date” 
I knew the right thing to do, Love only Jesus. God has done some crazy amazingly good things in my life.  Taught me many of a lesson (the current one being “be meek” and that’s a hard one!!!)I can’t say that I regret any moment of the last three years of following Jesus and loving only Him.  But I haven’t always been good at it, and it hasn’t always been easy.

Sometimes I’m lonely.  I have don’t have someone to bounce things off of, I do a lot of things by myself, and sometimes I hate it, but it has given me the option of turning to Jesus first.  There have been a lot of things that have happened in the last 3 years that God has worked out for my good – even the things I have messed up.

 I’ve taken some incredible leaps of faith, knowing that if He is not Lord over ALL of my life, He is Lord over none of it, and in those leaps, I’ve seen God do some incredible things.

 I never wanted to go to Haiti but He called, and I answered.  Even when we were going with LWI, and everyone else wanted to go to Haiti, I begged God “please not there” and we didn’t go. 

I wondered about this on the trip, especially since I love it so much now. One day during my time with God, He revealed to me that if our team went to Haiti with LWI I would not have gone on this trip, and I was to go on this trip. He revealed so much to me on this trip. It was so hard to leave, I mean, I cried, and I’d warn people “I’m going to just start crying” and poor KOG, he asked me about my trip, and I told him about it, crying the whole time!!! HA! But he didn’t seem to mind, but I think he felt bad.  But it was all something that God worked out for my good, and His glory!!


It has been an amazing journey so far!

  
 1 chronicles 29:10-13 10 David praised the Lord in the presence of the whole assembly, saying,
“Praise be to you, Lord,
    the God of our father Israel,
    from everlasting to everlasting.
11 Yours, Lord, is the greatness and the power
    and the glory and the majesty and the splendor,
    for everything in heaven and earth is yours. Yours, Lord, is the kingdom;
    you are exalted as head over all.
12 Wealth and honor come from you;
    you are the ruler of all things.
In your hands are strength and power
    to exalt and give strength to all.
13 Now, our God, we give you thanks,
 And praise your glorious name

Comments