Here I go... again!


After going to Haiti, honestly, I have a hard time seeing any physical need in Michigan.  Oh, you can disagree with me, all you want, and you have that right… but you also have the right to start your own blog and write all you want there.  I don’t debate.

In Michigan, if you don’t have a job, you won’t starve, there are plenty of places to go to get food, houses have roofs, and if you’re really desperate, there are plenty of abandoned homes to squat in. 

In Haiti, if you don’t work, you don’t eat.  I wasn’t on the streets long enough to see if there were homeless, so I can’t speak to that. But I do know that they are in desperate need of clean water!

After the week I’ve been home of super hot temperatures, and hearing a lot of people complain, let me tell you, not any way Jesus, I wanted to slap someone.  It was that hot in Haiti, rarely did we have electricity, and I can only speak from my own experience, I was thankful for warm (hot) clean water.  Sure, I would have loved an ice cube (or ten) but I was still thankful.

It’s been a long week, and I’ve been doing a lot of blabbing, mostly saying “what do You want me to do next Lord??  HUH? HUH? WHAT? COME ON TELL ME” all while saying “Your will, I want to do Your will, so can You tell me what it is?”  Being very impatient.  I am sure God was like “shut up!” which I know He wasn’t.  Maybe “sit there and chill out for a minute” but not “shut up”.

I almost fell off my bed this morning reading Isaiah (which by the way, I was super excited that we are reading Isaiah in our chronological reading!!!)

Isaiah 5:19 They even mock God and say,
    “Hurry up and do something!
    We want to see what you can do.
Let the Holy One of Israel carry out his plan,
    for we want to know what it is
  
One thing my dad always tells me to do when I’m a little overwhelmed, is to go work in the garden.  Flowers, whatever.  He says it always calms me down. Maybe he knows I won’t call him while I’m all dirty so that’s why he sends me there.  Well, it just so happens that I have quite a garden, and I haven’t really weeded it since I planted it, and it’s grown a lot.  So I spent a couple hours out there yesterday, dripping with sweat, dirty, and quiet.   Not complaining, it was AWESOME!!!!

It calmed me down a lot.  I just can’t get over God’s provision when I am in my garden.  These little bitty plants I planted just a month and a half ago have turned into beautiful fruitful bounty!  It’s amazing!  A step closer to God.

Also in that time He reminded me that I am not serving the people of Detroit, I am serving Him.  Not them. Him.  Oh boy, somehow I must have forgotten that as I was riding my high and mighty horse around!  Sheesh.

There is need in Detroit, and lots of it.  No, it’s not the same need, but there is need.  It’s different, it’s not bad, in all the ways we live, we should serve JESUS!  And the craziest thing is that it’s a PRIVELEGE to serve Him, not something we have to do!

It’s true, I want to do the will of God.  I want to walk with Him, follow the footsteps He has put before me, my prayer is that He lights them very brightly because I’ve been known to wonder and go the wrong way a time or two.

Serve Him.

That’s my mission.

Wherever it is.


Whatever He says.


Psalm 119:105 Your word is a lamp for my feet,
    a light on my path

Here I am Lord, I'm listening!

Comments