I don't care about food

It's a very weird thing when I came back from Haiti, I stopped caring about food so much.  Which is kind of weird coming from someone who meal planned a month at a time, cooks for others, has a stocked up pantry all the time.


Now, don't think I'm going all anorexic on you, let's not get crazy people.  I just don't think about food. I haven't had an ice cream since I've been back, and I really don't want one.  (THAT'S JUST WEIRD!).  I went to The Market today and got zucchini, tomatoes, a pineapple, and some grapes.  Grocery shopping for the week.  WHAT?!  Yes.  That's all I need.  I've got plenty of beans in the pantry, along with organic rice (I'm going wild this week and adding zucchini).  


I don't plan out food, and for me, I think it became like a crazy obsession.  FOOD! FOOD! FOOD!  Now, I'm like "oh, I'm hungry, I should eat".  Am I the only one that seems weird to?  I can't wait until my tomatoes start changing from green to red, then... well, I'll eat tomato sandwiches, rice and beans, and oatmeal for breakfast.  


I'm not getting weird, I still eat normal meals (typically not with meat because non-organic meat sometimes grosses me out) like yesterday, I had an OHMYWORD best grilled cheese, but instead of fries... I got a salad.  Who am I anyway?


Beets for a snack last night because I was hungry, and there isn't anything really to snack on.  I love beets and I didn't wake up with some horrible feeling like my pants aren't going to fit feeling or any self loathing.  


I'm not worried about what you eat, or anything, I'm just saying, God really changed something in my heart, where I am more focused on Him, than food.  That's a good thing!


Gen 1:29 Then God said, “I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food.

Comments

AlexChowds said…
Mmm, it sounds like a week of fresh foods! Thank you for sharing, Margie :)

Now I want to find something colorful to eat!
Becky said…
love you margie!
Pat said…
There is not better change then when God is in control of the changing!